Details of what measurements are required for each garment and whether they are supplied in standard sizes or made to measure can be found below. Measurements may be submitted in inches or centimetres. Measurements should be submitted on the uniform order form. Please contact us if anything is unclear or you have any questions.
Please note that made to measure is not the same as tailored. We only take certain measurements and two people with different shapes can have the same measurements. Some adjustment may be necessary when you receive the uniforms. There is a manufacturing tolerance of 0.75” on all measurements, so please allow for this.
1 – Sleeveless Uniforms
For our standard sizes please see the standard size chart.
NOTE: Our low cost “Starter uniforms” are only available in standard sizes.
The following measurements are required when ordering made to measure uniforms:
- Chest – measurement around the largest part of chest – Diagram position C
- Waist – measurement around the point at which the skirt will sit Diagram position D We will add 1 to 2” to this measurement for the hem of the top. This will allow the top to overlap the skirt .
- Back Length – From the Nape of the neck (the prominent bone at the base of the neck) to where you would like the top to end , NB please allow for any overlap with the skirt / trousers that you require. Remember that the hem of the top will only be 1 to 2” bigger than the waist measurement, so if the back length reaches the hips the hem may not be big enough – Diagram position G
- Hips – measurement around the largest part of the bum. As a rule of thumb this is 11cm below the waist – Diagram position E
- Skirt Length – distance from where the waist was measured to the hem of the skirt. This will be the overall length of the skirt – Diagram position H
2 – Long Sleeved Uniform tops
Long sleeved tops are made to Cheer Worlds standard sizes. The fabric is fairly stretchy and accommodating. Subject to availability we are able to send sample standard sizes for your team to try on. If you have any team members who are outside the standard size ranges please contact us as we can make to measure for a small surcharge. We can also change the standard Back lengths and skirt lengths if the standard sizes are not suitable
Please contact the head office to discuss your design and for our standard sizing chart(s).
3 – Male Uniforms
Male uniforms can be made to standard sizes or made to measure.
All of the measurements for the female sleeveless uniforms apply for the male uniform, with the exception of the skirt length. We will also require for the males:
- Inside Leg – Crotch of the pants to where you want the leg to end – Diagram K
- Outside leg – From the Waist band of the pant to where you want the leg to end –Diagram I
- Please note that the difference between inside and outside leg will be the measurement from the waistband to the crotch. Make sure that there is enough room!
Notes: we will add around 3” / 4” to the male chest measurements unless you ask otherwise. This is because most males do not want a fitted top.
The back length includes the gather at the waist, make sure they are long enough to overlap the trousers.
Please be aware that the male tops can rise up several inches when arms are raised. Please allow for this when measuring.
Please contact the head office for the Male Standard Sizing chart(s)
4 – Tracksuits
Tracksuits are supplied in standard sizes.
If you have any team members who are outside the standard size ranges please contact us as we can make to measure for a small surcharge. We can also change the standard Back lengths and trousers lengths if the standard sizes are not suitable.
Please contact the head office to discuss your design and for our standard sizing chart.